Intellectual property rights are granted to individuals and over the creations of their minds. They usually give the creator an exclusive right over the use of his/her creation for a certain period of time.
In IPR group, we establish standards that are compatible with, or that utilize their technology protected by Intellectual Property Rights. Any implementer of standards should have access to essential IPRs.
What We Do
The IMTC IPR Activity Group’s mandate is to:
- Develop and advance the IPR policy
- Provide a “Historical Archive” which consists documentation of old standards
- Provide input to the IPR policy discussions of standards bodies
- Formulate IPR requirements related to specific standards activities (e.g. speech and video codecs)
IMTC forged professional alliances with several standards development organizations. Learn more
- Private e-mail reflectors are used to ensure maximum confidentiality
- Conference calls for milestone update about contribution statuses and create and update TIP documentation.
- Face-to-face meetings when and if needed.
- Participation is limited to IMTC members in good standing.
Here you could find out what prior art has been published by Standards Groups on Multimedia. This is an opportunity for your organization to shape and influence the IPR policies of relevant standardization bodies.
How to Join
To subscribe to the Activity Group’s email list, scroll to the top of the page and click on the “Member Login” button to access the member portal, then select “Join a Work Group”, select the Activity Group and click on the “subscribe” link. You will receive a subscription confirmation in your email. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot/Need Password” on the sign in screen and it will be emailed to you. If you have not set up a user name and password or have any questions, contact the IMTC help desk at email@example.com.
The group completed scanning of the ITU-T LBC Group documents (1992-1997) containing the standards documentation leading to the ITU-T H.324, H.245, H.263 and G.723.1 specifications. The documentation and Historical Archives are stored by Polycom and available to all IMTC members in good standing. Learn more about obtaining access to the Historical Archives.
Download topic-related presentations:
- Multimedia Standardization and IPRs, November 2005, Dr. Istvan Sebestyen, IMTC President
- IPR and Standardization Presentation, ITU-Forum Summit, July 2003, Dr. Istvan Sebestyen, IMTC President
- IMTC Status Presentation, ITU-Forum Summit, July 2003, Dr. Istvan Sebestyen, IMTC President
Dr. Istvan Sebestyen
Phone: +41 22 849 6000 x6011