The IMTC SIP Parity Activity Group provides a forum for IMTC member companies to cooperate and pool resources on SIP Parity issues of common interest. The SIP Parity Activity Group focuses on multimedia telecommunications applications including providing a video profile for SIP that matches all the capabilities of H.323.conferencing.
What We Do
The main activities of the group are to:
- Organize interoperability SIP Parity test efforts (both virtual and face-to-face). This would be done in cooperation & coordination with both the Conferencing Interoperability Activity Group and with SIPit (where practical).
- Provide a forum for members to agree on an overall SIP profile for video. The objective is to bring it to full feature parity with H.323 video communications.
- Educate members on most recent developments in SIP standards and market evolution
The IMTC collaborates and has liaison relationships with several standards development organizations – ECMA, IETF (RAI area and SIPCORE working group), ITU (SG 16), SIP Forum, and UCIF. Learn about the liaison activities this group is maintaining with external organizations.
How to Join
To subscribe to the Activity Group’s email list, scroll to the top of the page and click on the “Member Login” button to access the member portal, then select “Join a Work Group”, select the Activity Group and click on the “subscribe” link. You will receive a subscription confirmation in your email. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot/Need Password” on the sign in screen and it will be emailed to you. If you have not set up a user name and password or have any questions, contact the IMTC help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acme Packet, BlueJeans, Cisco Systems, Huawei Technologies, LG, LifeSize
Communications, Magor Communications, Polycom, Avaya, Siemens
Enterprise Communications, Vidyo.
- SIP Video Profile – Bandwidth, Flow Control, and I-Frame Request
- Role Base Video – Content sharing via BFCP over UDP
- SIP Security and Encryption – TLS and SRTP