What We Do
Our main ambition is to improve the interoperability of Telepresence systems through open standards. The current focal point of the group is to specify handling of multi-streaming multi-media.
- Define requirements and use cases for multi-streaming in Telepresence systems.
- Specify requirements and use cases for multi-streaming as input to Standards Development Organizations (SDO) such as IETF to standardize a multi-streaming solution.
Currently, Telepresence systems are not interoperable by default. While standards for signaling, codecs, and transport are necessary for multi-streaming, there are no guidelines on how to leverage them for an interoperable multi-screen solution. In addition, there aren’t any proper standards that define a methodology for describing the relationships between multiple streams of media.
We will consider the use cases and requirements for Telepresence systems and craft an industry standard for massive market adoption. An extensible, adequate solution is required in order to support existing and future use scenarios.
How We Work Together
- Private e-mail reflectors are used to ensure maximum confidentiality.
- Conference calls for milestone update about contribution statuses and create and update TIP documentation.
- Face-to-face meetings when and if needed.
- Participation is limited to IMTC members in good standing.
IMTC forged professional alliances with several standards development organizations.
We are proud to have the following leading organizations as participating companies:
AT&T, Cisco, Lifesize, Polycom, Avaya, Vidyo
How to Join
To subscribe to the Activity Group’s email list, scroll to the top of the page and click on the “Member Login” button to access the member portal, then select “Join a Work Group”, select the Activity Group and click on the “subscribe” link. You will receive a subscription confirmation in your email. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot/Need Password” on the sign in screen and it will be emailed to you. If you have not set up a user name and password or have any questions, contact the IMTC help desk at email@example.com.
Director of Standardization, Polycom, USA